- Department: Production
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Columbia, TN, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a General Helper to join the team in Columbia, TN. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The General Helper is responsible for ensuring material is moved in a safe and timely manner, allowing production to achieve standard rate. Organizes, packages and palletizes finished goods for shipping.
- Ensures the continuous movement of product through hand-Stacking, discharging, packaging and the storage of finished parts.
- Uses forklift/tow motor to move scrap to designated dumpster area.
- Operates bundle turner when parts need to be flipped
- Prepares packaging in advance
- Unloading pins and pallets from trucks
- Palletizes material on pallets as per customer drawing specifications
- Completes final dock audits and other paperwork promptly and accurately
- Ensure customer material inventory tags are placed on steel pallets per requirements
- Complies with the designated ISO/TS16949 responsibilities, environmental management system, health & safety and company rules and guidelines.
- Ensures company safety policies are adhered to and safe work habits are utilized by all department personnel and visitors. Wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as required at all times
- Maintains a high standard of general housekeeping consistent with 5S standards
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Maintains good attendance standards
- 1 year or less of job related experience
- Certified in operation of Lift Truck
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Job requires standing and/or walking up to 90% of time
- Requires high level of accuracy and attention to detail to ensure quality product for shipment
- Experience in the steel or automotive industry highly desirable
Please click here to apply directly. Please attach a resume to your email.
Equal Opportunity Employer