- Department Operations
- Division: CAID Industries
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
CAID Industries, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Field Service Technician to join the CAID team in Tucson, AZ. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for service and spares quoting and execution, determining warranty vs. service, as well as troubleshooting and diagnosis of equipment issues. This position works independently on issues that may be complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations, yet also works closely with multiple parties to achieve customer satisfaction through effective technical solutions satisfying customer requirements.
- Work with Customers, Project Managers, Engineers, and Machine Builders to solve problems in order to provide the Customer with a good experience and solution.
- Be an ambassador for CAID Automation at the customer's site, providing a quick and efficient repair of the equipment.
- Develops and maintains highest customer satisfaction results and establishes partnerships.
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers. Provide customer training when required.
- Remotely troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve service issues. Visit customer sites as required.
- Use hand tools to perform setup and alignment of the system and sub-assemblies.
- Repair and/or replace defective components of the system as required.
- Perform I/O checkout at CAID Automation during systems integration phase and then at the Customer's site during installation.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the CAID Rules of Conduct and Performance Expectations, while adhering to all health and safety rules.
- Fill out daily site reports.
- Responsible for requesting invoicing and tracking payments.
- Must be able to travel domestic and international up to 80% of the time.
- 5+ years' experience within the industrial automation maintenance and repair.
- Technical school certificate in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, specializing in controls systems design is a plus.
- Thorough understanding and interest in robotics, control systems, and machine operation.
- Familiar with hardware components such as motors, grippers, load cells, sensors and lasers.
- Ability to connect via software with such components as VFD's, HMI's, motion controllers, vision systems and robots.
- Successful experience troubleshooting complex equipment.
- Ability to independently complete all specific responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience reading electrical schematics and making redlines when required.
- Effective verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Valid State Driver's License required.
- Ability to cross international borders (Passport required).
- Excellent organizational and customer relation skills.
- High level of integrity.
- High speed assembly experience preferred (cycle times of .5 to 3 seconds).
- Systems Engineering experience preferred.
- US Work eligibility must be categorized and eligible to work on ITAR projects
Equal Opportunity Employer