- Department: Sales
- Division: Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Marinette or Tomahawk, WI, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are looking for an Estimator to join the team in Marinette or Tomahawk, WI. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Estimator will review SPVG opportunities; generate estimated cost for current and potential products. Interpret and review customer input to facilitate transformation from opportunity to quotation.
- Communicates with customers via telephone, e-mail, determining customer needs and requirements to assist in developing designs, specifications, and actively sells SPVG’s products and services
- Analyzes each customer RFQ to determine product specifications, the method of manufacture, and other customer requirements such as packaging and delivery. Determines the optimum method of manufacturing for the product to meet or exceed customer’s functionality, quality, appearance, and delivery requirements. Communicates with Engineering staff for product design criteria.
- Calculates the projected costs of labor, material, sub-contracting and transportation, and sends the customer a detailed quotation for the project on a timely basis.
- Responsible to send customer an amended quote letter when changes in the delivered quote letter are necessary or the projected delivery date varies more than 2 to 4 weeks from the quote date.
- Must be able to use PC and corporate computer systems.
- Must be somewhat proficient in Microsoft based programs.
- Minimum 2 year technical degree and/or 3 to 5 years of related job experience.
- Knowledge of basic Mechanical Engineering concepts is desired.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of the ASME Code, and ability to use ASME related software is a plus.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work with internal and external customers in a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer