- Department: Human Resources
- Division: Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Tomahawk, WI, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to join our team in Tomahawk, WI.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health insurance
- 401K with company match
- Opportunity for fast advancement and career growth
The EH&S Specialist will support the ongoing development and maintenance of safety and environmental programs.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes and rules.
- Maintain knowledge of company safety rules and take an active role in enforcement, safety committee and safety training.
- Responsible for maintaining safety guidelines, procedures, and policies for assigned site.
- Able to effectively communicate and train safety and environmental topics.
- Responsible for accident/incident prevention, investigations and maintaining online reporting system.
- Manage and monitor regulatory issues and reporting.
- Maintain and file documentation needed for reporting to controlling agencies.
- Manage internal inspection programs, such as tracking corrective actions and audit follow ups.
- Responsible for Respiratory Program.
- Tracks employee license and certifications as related to safety to ensure compliance.
- Perform routine job safety analyses, building safety inspections and reviews.
- Work closely with site Operations Manager, and SPVG leadership team on all safety and environmental issues.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management, as required.
- Staffing of positions to be determined by Company, as requirements warrant.
- As a SPVG employee, you are required to understand the ISO system and the elements that affect your job.
- 2-3 years of safety related experience and/or advanced training/education in safety.
- Able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA and applicable regulatory agencies.
- 30-hour OSHA card must be obtained within 6 months of employment and OSHA 511 within 18 months of job assignment.
- CPR / First Aid certified within 6 months of employment.
- Forklift train the trainer authorized.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to train all levels of the organization.
- Be an active member of the company Safety Committee.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality when working with investigations and injuries.
Equal Opportunity Employer