- Department: Engineering
- Division: Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Type: Full-time Salary
- Location: Lebanon, VA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Engineering Manager to join the team in Lebanon, VA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Engineering Manager plans, organizes and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Selects, develops and supervises staff.
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department budget.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of current status of each project.
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Directs preparation of accounting records for budgetary, production efficiency or other such purposes.
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Directs appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 4-6 years of related management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Provides engineering related customer service to potential and previous customers.
- Provides general engineering support to the manufacturing plant.
- Good written & verbal communication skills, especially in technical matters.
- Proficient with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is preferred.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and math skills.
- Good organizational ability.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn and operate applicable engineering software.
- Ability to meet predefined deadlines while withstanding related pressure and stress.
- Be thorough and attentive to detail in job tasks and proactive toward continuous improvement in each project.
- Capable of wearing required PPE when on production floor.
- Close vision, ability to adjust focus is required.
- Reading and writing literacy required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer