- Department Engineering
- Division: Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Lebanon, VA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Engineer to join the Samuel Pressure Vessel Group in Lebanon, VA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
Designs company products under the direction of the Director of Engineering and oversees the Design Engineers in the preparation of fabrication drawings.
- Designs pressure vessels, in accordance with customer's specifications, ASME or API Codes, and good engineering practices.
- Oversees preparation of detailed fabrication drawings to ensure adherence to: design and specifications; accommodation of plant fabrication techniques; minimization of costs, budget constraints; maximum quality; and delivery schedule.
- Works with customers from the conceptual stages to completion of product to achieve optimum design, in consideration of product service, design calculations, drawing, cost adders, and scheduling.
- Generates calculations to support the design premise of the product, in accordance with ASME or API Codes, and good engineering practices.
- Compiles and maintains detailed Bills of Material for the product that are issued for purchase.
- Works with vendors to ensure purchased items are properly integrated with our tanks designs.
- Performs initial calculations of RFQ's (Request for Quote), so Estimating can properly prepare a quotation.
- Fills out required Manufacturer's Data Report forms.
- Provides engineering related customer service to potential and previous customers.
- Provides general engineering support to the manufacturing plant.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in engineering. Good written & verbal communication skills, especially in technical matters.
- Proficient with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is preffered.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and math skills.
- Good organizational ability.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn and operate applicable engineering software.
- Ability to meet predefined deadlines while withstanding related pressure and stress.
- Be thorough and attentive to detail in job tasks and proactive toward continuous improvement in each project.
- Capable of wearing PPE when in shop area, including; safety glasses, hearing protection.
- Close vision, ability to adjust focus is required.
- Reading and writing literacy required.
- Communicate with others in a team effort and train other employees.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures and maintain a clean work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer