- Department: Human Resources
- Division: Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Lebanon, VA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join the team in Lebanon, VA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The position will be required to develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with OSHA and EPA and will be responsible for developing all safety policies and provide training in all areas.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Maintains knowledge of company safety rules and takes active role in enforcement, safety committee, and safety training.
- Responsible for maintaining safety guidelines, procedures, and polices for assigned site, to include developing new policies if needed.
- Able to effectively communicate and train safety and environmental topics.
- Responsible for accident/incident prevention, investigations, and maintaining online reporting system; to include root cause analysis and ensuring preventative corrective action is completed.
- Manage and monitor regulatory issues and reporting.
- Maintain and file documentation needed for reporting to controlling agencies.
- Manage internal inspection programs, such as tracking corrective actions and audit follow-ups.
- Responsible for Respiratory Program.
- Tracks employee license and certifications as related to safety to ensure compliance.
- Performs routine job safety analyses, building safety investigations, and reviews.
- Work closely with site Operations Manager and SPVG leadership team on all safety and environmental issues, and recommends long-range accident reduction and cost containment objectives.
- Coordinates activities with local fire departments on inspection of facilities.
- Understand the ISO system and elements that affect the job.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Personal Computer and various software packages including electronic mail, shop floor inquiry functions, and training programs.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing tools and equipment to include forklift.
- Advanced training and/or education in safety.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a safety related field required with demonstrated experience managing safety. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA, and applicable regulatory agencies.
- Ability to train in all areas of environmental, health and safety.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management, as required. Staffing of positions to be determined by the company.
As an employee, you are required to understand the ISO system and the elements that affect your job.
Equal Opportunity Employer