- Department: Finance
- Division: Samuel Packaging Systems Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Woodridge, IL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Director of Finance to join the Samuel Packaging Systems Group in Woodridge, IL. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for career stability
The Director of Finance, Packaging Systems Group, will be a hands-on leader with strong business acumen reporting directly to the President, Packaging Systems Group with a dotted line to the Vice-President Finance Operations, Manufacturing. As a key member of PSG senior management, this position will lead the finance team, provide financial stewardship, and be responsible for its financial reporting, analytics and guidance activities.
In particular, the position will be responsible for developing monitoring tools, scorecards, analysis and insights that support financial, commercial and operational decision making to optimize Samuel enterprise value and return on investment. The position will ensure there is analysis and reporting to measure performance, assess risks and opportunities, and conduct commercial and operational reviews for continued improvement in efficiencies.
- REPORTING: Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and related analysis comparing results with budget, forecasts and prior period, while ensuring deadlines and performance standards are met
- CONTROLS: Responsible for monitoring compliance with all corporate policies and procedures, enhancing internal controls, and adherence to IFRS including compliance with local, state and federal reporting responsibilities
- FINANCIAL SHARED SERVICES: Work with the Enterprise Financial Shared Services team to transition and operationalize to a financial shared services model as appropriate, including transaction processing, financial reporting, etc.
- MANAGEMENT PRESENTATIONS: Prepare monthly and quarterly business review packages and related analysis to support management presentations, identifying areas of opportunities and risks
- FINANCIAL PLANNING: Own the financial planning and forecasting process, building both the quarterly, annual and long range financial plans and targets that are aligned with strategic objectives. Drive an efficient and effective process for developing financial budgets including timeline, budget templates and preparing budget deliverables while engaging all internal stakeholders
- OPERATIONAL/COMMERCIAL ANALYSIS: Interface with internal and external stakeholders and monitor performance against plan, conduct extensive customer, product line, production and ROI analysis interpreting results and trends and identifying areas of improvement impacting sales, operating profit, cost savings, working capital, etc.
- GROWTH SUPPORT: Understand key business drivers for long-term sustainable growth, as well as develop predictive analytics and tools to support the portfolio in achieving profitable growth
- DECISION SUPPORT: Review all capital projects for conceptual and financial soundness. Develop ad-hoc modeling and analysis to support business decisions. Partner with cross-functional teams to develop tools that provide critical financial and operational information and KPIs
- TEAM: Develop, mentor and guide the activities of the finance and accounting teams. Motivate and manage the workloads of direct reports; assist with learning and professional development
- RELATIONSHIPS: Build great working relationships with all internal stakeholders (sales, operations, purchasing) including corporate teams and interface with internal/external stakeholders
- SPECIAL PROJECTS: Any other special projects as deemed necessary
- University Graduate with a Business Administration degree and MBA or/and a CPA designation; excellent knowledge of IFRS
- 8+ years of progressive FP&A, costing and operational finance management experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is required; experience in the Packaging industry preferred
- Progressive managerial experience is required, with strong people and project management skills
- Excellent leadership, team building, and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with superior financial reporting, planning and modeling skills, coupled with sharp business acumen
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Solid self-starter and collaborator who understands and can articulate key drivers of the business and can prioritize efforts and resources accordingly, and has a history of leading improvement initiatives that have driven successful results
- Experience working in a financial shared services environment
- Experience with ERP systems and proficient in the use of various software programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
Equal Opportunity Employer