- Department Engineering
- Division: CAID Industries
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
The position reports to the VP of Operations. Responsible for all aspects of the division's engineering and product development activities. The Director of Engineering will focus on the structuring and operation of the engineering function as a cohesive unit; the conceptualizing and day-to-day management of simultaneous projects; delivering manufacturable designs to agreed specifications within time and budget constraints, and the fostering of innovative solutions to customer needs. A key focus will be identifying innovative concepts that may be commercialized, working closely with patent attorneys to develop and protect company intellectual property. As a member of the leadership team, formulate and implement the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business unit.
The candidate MUST have:
Extensive experience and demonstrable success functioning as an engineering executive for industrial automation and assembly equipment. Must exhibit professional and courteous communication and interaction under pressure. Be customer focused.
Specific Duties Include:
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the business unit strategic direction.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department.
- Ensure that the department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on technical leadership, recognizing the role as that of both leader and support resource / mentor.
- Assure that equipment is designed for specific needs, but with wider applications in mind.
- Hire and direct staff of senior group members to acquire necessary resources to meet schedule commitments.
- Ensure implementation and refinement as required of formal process to support the product development process.
- Drive standard methodologies to reduce cost and labor efforts and improve efficiencies across all engineering disciplines.
- Ensure that product development is focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
The candidate should have:
- BSMEor BSEE preferable, 15+ years of industry engineering experience, with at least ten years in a management position.
- Fifteen years of experience designing complex automation systems for the aerospace & defense, electronics, life science, medical device, and/or pharmaceutical industries.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- "Out of the box thinker" must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrable experience leading and developing technical products for market.
- Valid State Driver's License required.
- Ability to cross international borders (Passport required).
Location of office: Tucson, AZ. Relocation assistance will be provided if you live out of state.
Equal Opportunity Employer