- Department: Customer Service
- Division: Main Steel
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Harmony, PA, USA
Main Steel, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Customer Service Manager to join the team in Harmony, PA.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
As the Customer Service Manager for Main Steel - Harmony, you will manage a team of customer service representatives and support staff. You will be responsible for the performance of the employees and over all team goals and metrics. You will lead by example by managing high profile accounts and always displaying strong customer service and team first mindsets.
- Responsible for all customer service functions including, but not limited to, quotes, sales order entry, material processing order entry, production recording and billing
- Directs staffing and training to develop and improve the customer service team to provide exceptional support to both external and internal customers
- Continuously communicates with customer service team regarding customer details – complaints, lead times, rejects and overall customer satisfaction
- Makes effective independent decisions representing day-to-day issues that do not require team discussion, input or agreement
- Mentors team members to improve their skills and knowledge and to look for opportunities for process simplification and improvements
- Authorize and track time off for customer service team
- Responsible for the scrap/secondary sales and mill claims
- Assist with coordinating and taking physical inventories including reconciling physical inventory discrepancies
- Purchases office supplies in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Participates as needed in special department projects
- Provides reports as requested
- 5 years of experience in the metals industry preferably in a service center environment
- Specific experience with stainless steel and aluminum preferred
- 3 - 5 years of previous experience in customer service team or inside sales
- At least 2 years of previous experience managing a team or department
- Proficient in AS400/Metalware or other ERP systems
- Shows strong initiative and an ability to work autonomously
- Able to multitask and manage time in a fast-paced environment
- Confident in Decision Making.
- Communication proficiency in both verbal and written interactions
- Demonstrates a strong customer/client focus
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Dedication to teamwork and sponsoring a team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer