- Department Finance
- Division: Samuel Packaging Systems Group
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Woodridge, IL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Credit Analyst to join the Samuel Packaging Systems Group in Woodridge, IL. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Credit Analyst is responsible for analyzing credit and financial reports to determine risk involved in extending credit.
- Review new and existing accounts to assess credit risk; set limits & payments terms in accordance to credit policy.
- Review credit worthiness of accounts in accordance with credit limit approval levels.
- Contact customers on past due invoices and short payments on assigned portfolios.
- Release orders consistently throughout the day based on credit status of customer accounts.
- Resolve customer disputes working with sales department and customer service.
- Coordinate with Cash Application to resolve remittance questions on payments.
- Initiate customer correspondence regarding outstanding customer credits.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- Credit, collection and A/R experience (5-10 years) in a Manufacturing environment required
- Knowledge of Credit & Collections principles, process, regulations and standards
- General accounting knowledge
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in financial area preferred
- Prior D&B, Experian and Equifax experience
- Analyze customer Financial Statements
- Prior AS400/ERP experience preferred
- Advanced Computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and oral
- Proactive, self-motivated and analytical
- Ability to make sound credit and collection recommendations regarding customer risk in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and in accordance to company policy, procedure and guidelines
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills
Equal Opportunity Employer