- Department: Production
- Division: Automotive
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Columbia, TN, USA
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a growing metals manufacturing company? If so we want you to join our skilled manufacturing team at Samuel, and Son Co.!
Due to growth, we are seeking Overhead Crane Operators for our Columbia, TN facility.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Paid Weekly, Direct Deposit
• Competitive pay rate - 2ND AND 3RD SHIFTS HAVE A $1 PREMIUM
• Paid Overtime
• Vacation time
• Paid holidays
• Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after 30 days
• 401K Plan with a company match of 5%
• Annual Safety Boot Allowance
• Brand new, clean, bright state of the art facility with new machinery and equipment
• Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Crane Operator will use overhead cranes to move heavy steel to discharge lines and store finished goods.
- Operates crane in accordance with Safe Operating Procedures, SOP’s.
- Inspects crane as per the inspection procedure and fills out daily inspection checklist.
- Loads coils onto line as required.
- Stacks, discharges, packages, tags and stores finished parts as required.
- Completes all necessary inspections and verifies product is in conformance with customer packaged product specifications.
- Discharges line and stores finished goods in assigned area.
- Operates bundle turner, when parts require to be flipped.
- Keeps neat and accurate records as required.
- Ensures cleanliness of finished goods pallets and good housekeeping of finished goods storage area.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- Complies with the designated ISO/TS16949 responsibilities, environmental management system, health & safety and company rules and guidelines.
- Ensures company safety policies are adhered to and safe work habits are utilized by all department personnel and visitors. Wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as required at all times
- Maintains a high standard of general housekeeping consistent with 5S standards
- Strives for continuous improvement
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED:
- 45-ton cranes with frontal box (belly box)
- Familiarity with AS 400 an asset
- High School education and or equivalent (GED)
- Capable of reading, writing and speaking the English language
- Minimum 2 years of job-related experience
- Certified Crane and Lift Truck Operator
- Willingness to be on feet 80-90% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer