- Department: Engineering
- Division: CAID Industries
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
CAID Industries, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Controls Engineer to join the Automation team in Tucson, AZ. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
This position assumes a technical leadership role towards the development of automated manufacturing systems for CAID Automation. Responsible for the electrical engineering and software design of control systems on automation equipment specific to customer and project requirements.
- Designs and develops control systems and software programs specific to customer and project requirements based on standard programming methods when applicable.
- Performs engineering calculations with respect to power consumption, current capacity, shielding, signal integrity, risk assessment, etc., as related to automation machinery designs.
- Formulates and produces a complete electrical design package which includes detailed schematics, cable routing diagrams, panel layouts, bills of materials, and material requisition forms, based on CAID Automation standard specifications and the customer's requirements.
- Selects and integrates hardware and software components such as robots, grippers, load cells, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems and lasers.
- Debugs and commissions software programs at CAID Automation during systems integration phase and then at the Customer's site during installation.
- Travels as required to Customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning, and training tasks.
- Gives technical direction to Machine Builders and Electrical Technicians as needed.
- Provides technical mentoring to Junior Engineers as needed.
- Consults regularly with Project Managers to report status, raise issues, take direction, and assist where able.
- Presents designs during internal and Customer project reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, specializing in controls systems design or software engineering. BSEE degree preferred.
- Seven plus years' experience writing software and electrical design for automation systems.
- Ability to create new PLC and HMI programs. Studio 5000, FT View Studio preferred.
- Experience developing system electrical schematics using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Demonstrated success functioning as a controls design engineer on multiple automation projects.
- Ability to develop Cognex or Keyence vision applications.
- Robot experience, preferably Staubli, KUKA or ABB.
- Experience developing applications in either C#, MS Visual Studio, .Net.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior engineers.
- Demonstrated success in working with aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work within the United States.
- Ability to cross international borders. (Passport required)
- Must be able to travel 15% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer