- Department: Human Resources
- Division: Sierra Aluminum
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Sierra Aluminum Company is a manufacturer of standard and custom aluminum extrusions located in Southern California. We have 2 manufacturing campuses located in the cities of Riverside and Fontana. Our primary manufacturing capabilities include billet casting, extrusion, painting, anodizing, thermal improvements (both pour and de-bridge and insulating strut), fabrication (including CNC machining), and architectural services. Our products range from basic mill finished extrusions all the way to the most complex unitized curtain wall assemblies. Our aim is to exceed our customer requirements and to deliver unbeatable value. Sierra Aluminum was acquired by Samuel, Son & Co., Limited in 2018.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Continuous Improvement Trainer to join the Sierra team in Riverside County, CA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
Sierra Aluminum is in search of an experienced, bilingual (English/Spanish) CI Trainer with experience in on-the-job training for our manufacturing facilities in Fontana and Riverside California. Reporting to the Director of HR and dotted line into the Continuous Improvement Manager, the CI Trainer is integral to the cultural transformation the organization is focused on. They will work with mid-level leadership & HR on the creation of a work environment that engages employees at all levels in the business to help reduce waste, improve and simplify processes, improve sustainability of process utilization, continually reduce costs, and improve the overall effectiveness of all business processes. The CI Trainer helps to build performance metrics, evaluates productivity and helps employees build skills that will cultivate their career within the operation.
- Drives safety in every initiative and trains employees in a safe manner.
- Utilizes their knowledgeable about industrial manufacturing to physically learn the production processes, support process improvement initiatives and translate this into training content.
- Audits the processes to ensure that the employees are trained and understand the tasks to be followed and assesses if training was effective.
- Creates necessary process documentation and/or SOPs and maintains the documents as required by quality standards.
- Onboards, coaches and develops employees to perform essential job functions and promotes a continuous improvement culture – assists with the development of KPIs and performance targets to track performance effectiveness.
- Works closely with mid-level and senior leadership to create a lean culture/road map by assessing, evaluating, prioritizing and implementing lean activities.
- Develops, implements, monitors and updates training programs.
- Creates training schedules and coordinates with production schedules.
- Conducts classroom, on-the-job training and testing of employees.
- Updates all training records and the training matrix.
- Leads lean events and small projects as required - Drives CI activities to support projects.
- Creates, updates and trains teammates to Standard Work, Control Plans and SOPs.
- Facilitates problem-solving among employees and teams.
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) – able to design (write) & deliver training content in both languages
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 technical experience/process improvement in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 2-3 years of training design/delivery experience.
- Possesses the communication and technical skills to work with all levels of management in solving process issues
- Knowledge of raw materials, and quality control standards (ISO 9001)
- Lean Six Sigma Certifications Preferred – Green Belt as a minimum
- Successful program development with increasing levels of responsibility
- Self-starter with ability to work in a team environment with limited direction.
- Systemic problem solver, implementing solutions to solve root cause problems
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally
- Able to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact
- Strong business skills in process improvement
- Proficient in MS Office products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to zero incident safety culture, employee engagement, active teamwork, continuous improvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer