- Department: Production
- Division: Missouri Metals
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
Missouri Metals, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a CNC Programmer in St. Louis, MO. If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The candidate will specialize in the machining of precision metal components (low-volume / high-mix). This position requires a candidate with a strong background and working knowledge of machining fundamentals and CNC programming experience.
- Develop multi-axis N/ C processes to trim/drill sheet metal parts.
- Set up and operation of machine tool equipment to support development cell activities
- Work to blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to produce development hardware
- Perform in-process dimensional checks, including CMM operations / set up
- Generate NC Programs from CATIA, SOLIDWORKS AND other CAD/CAM packages
- Support production & troubleshoot process issues
- Create process planning and support revisions of production planning as appropriate for process changes
- Continuous improvement utilizing data collection and analysis
- Associate’s Degree in Machining, Programming or other related technical field from an accredited school or institution desired.
- Ability to work well in a team environment+
- Regular and consistent attendance is necessary
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in trouble-shooting and set-up of CNC / NC machines
- 3 years of multi-axis machining experience
- 3 years of experience with CATIA and Solidworks
- Understanding of model based definition and GD&T as well as customer specifications
- Oral and written communication skills Ability to reach, bend, stoop, climb a step ladder, push and/or pull
- Proven ability in interfacing with various levels of management, support groups (i.e., Design Engineering and Project) and shop floor workforce
- Computer programming experience and Computer Aided Design experience
- Computer skills using such applications as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- 3D Modeling experience
- Proven NC machine / shop skills
- Proven ability in working with minimal supervision and direction - self-starter
- Competency in shop mathematics (geometry and trigonometry)
- Experience in tooling and fixture design
- Proficient blueprint reading skills (geometric tolerances)
- Ability to receive guidance and supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer