- Department: Production
- Division: Missouri Metals
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
Operate and monitor the use of various machining centers such as conventional lathes, drill press, mills, CNC lathes, and CNC mills in the production of precision parts.
• Basic interpretation technical drawings (able to read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches and related technical data).
• Knowledge of safety standards for equipment being run (understanding how to operate the equipment is critical in order to prevent harm to the operator and equipment damage).
• Deburr parts (clean/de-burr the workpiece as need).
• Machine maintenance (check coolants and oil levels daily).
• House Keeping (clean machine and work area at the end of the shift).
• Documents actions (production, scrap, quality issues and maintenance needs) by completing required paper and/or electronic logs.
• Related duties as assigned
• Two years of experience working in a machine shop environment.
• Basic QC skills (able to perform and document the inspection requirements to determine conformity of parts machined).
• Measurement skills (able to use precision measuring tools such as calipers and micrometers, plug & thread gages).
• Some mechanical abilities
• Strong communication abilities
• Basic Math skills (able to perform calculations necessary to measure machined parts).
• Critical thinking abilities
• Ability to easily adapt to changing environment
• Ability to monitor operations
• Ability to quickly react to non-confirming as they occur
• Able to work flexible hours as needed
• Team work
• Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
• Requires prolonged standing, some bending, and stretching, lifting up to 40 pounds.
• Requires eye-hand coordination
• Works in high noise level environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer