- Department: Production
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Blasdell, NY, USA
Samuel Son & Co., is Growing! ARE YOU LOOKING for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, Industry leading organization that has been in business for over 160 years!
Bring your strong experience and motivated attitude to Samuel Son & Co.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, please apply with your resume below.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Opportunity for advancement and career growth
As a CNC Machinist, you will set-up and operate precision steel grinding and turning machines such as lathes, milling machines, drilling machines and grinders to make and repair products.
This vacancy is for the 2nd shift (3:00pm - 11:00pm).
- Setting-up and operation of CNC machines in accordance with approved, safe work procedures
- Machining parts, ensuring conformance to specifications
- Completing work order and associated documents, assigning materials and labor as required
- Conducting routine maintenance operations on shop equipment in accordance with predefined schedule to minimize downtime
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the operation
- Establish and maintain tool inventory.
- Inspection of completed parts
- Maintenance and Housekeeping of assignment.
- College diploma or certified apprenticeship program
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with HAAS CNC Vertical Machining Centers a plus
- Ability to read and understand GD&T symbols, blueprint and CAD drawings
- Previous work experience using hand tools, power tools and measuring tools
- Inspection experience
- Experience working to defined tolerances in turning and/or grinding and/or milling
- Lean experience: Flow/Pull, 5S or Continuous Improvement
- Strong team player
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of proper health and safety measures
Equal Opportunity Employer