- Department Production
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA
If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co. We offer a stable, team-oriented environment with competitive benefits and the potential for growth.
As the CAD Programmer, you will play a key role in plate burning operations. Your contributions will go beyond simply programming CNC machines to include optimizing processes, saving costs and being involved in quoting. Your ability to learn will allow you to learn additional technologies and grow your abilities and effectiveness to the team.
- Read and interpret blue prints to understand the specifications for each job
- Program for CNC plate burning machines using AutoCAD and other related software.
- Assist sales in the creation of quotes
- Create effective programs that are time and cost efficient
- Plan appropriately to optimize the nest (cut the most possible pieces from a plate)
- Post-Secondary Education in Engineering or Engineering Technician preferred
- Able to read, modify and create drawings in AutoCAD
- Experience or exposure to CNC programming
- Experience in ProNest and/or PrimeCut considered an asset
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications
- Exposure to AS400 or other ERP systems an asset
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Clear written and oral communication
- Keen attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a team environment with multiple competing priorities
Equal Opportunity Employer