- Department Procurement
- Division: Samuel Packaging Systems Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Woodridge, IL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Buyer to join the Samuel Packaging Systems Group in Woodridge, IL. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
Responsible for coordinating purchases of hand tools and components for the Samuel Packaging Systems Group. Maintain working inventory while minimizing costs. Experience with manual, pneumatic, and battery-operated hand tools is a plus. Familiarity with packaging equipment, material, and suppliers is desirable.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for purchasing of hand tools and components.
- Generate RFQ's to vendors and do follow ups to completion.
- Generate purchase orders and submit to approved vendors.
- Get order confirmation and communicate to stakeholders.
- Confirm lead times and delivery status to support the business.
- Run MRP to project demands and to propose future purchases.
- Monitor and maintain adequate stock/inventory levels.
- Analyze and challenge vendor on price increases to get the best value.
- Track and report monthly key spending and cost savings.
- Manage and update pricing and vendor data in ERP.
- Create new product codes.
- Work with Accounts Payable/Receivables to resolve purchase price variations
- Maintain meticulous purchasing and delivery records.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Business Management or Supply Chain Management desirable. Relevant work experience is acceptable.
- Organized and understand how to prioritize tasks
- Analytical and can assess data for making purchasing decisions
- Good communicator with the ability to clearly present ideas
- Sound understanding of purchasing processes
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of proven experience working as a buyer or relevant role
- Strong customer focus with ability to build internal and external relationships
Equal Opportunity Employer