- Department: Sales
- Division: Service Center US
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Business Development Manager - Aluminum Sheet and Plate to join our Shared Services team. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
You will be provided flexibility to work from the remote office anywhere in the USA. This role perfectly utilizes your technical and strategic knowledge of the product and the business.
- Identify and develop profitable growth strategies (around Market/Product/Region) to expand participation across Samuel SC regions.
- Lead team members in the execution of select strategies.
- Work with customers to coordinate, consult and secure major projects. Provide compelling value propositions. Formalize offerings into proposals.
- Offer technical guidance on day to day tactical inquiries – specification / design review / tolerances / interpretation / material attributes.
- Develop training models (internal / external) to expand product knowledge base and add value to customer engagement.
- Interface with Corp Marketing to validate new opportunities (customer insights and analytics), and Corp Advertising to design promotional materials related to solutions.
- Liaise closely with suppliers and Samuel operations to insure successful execution of material and processing solutions.
- Travel up to 30 to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Engineering/Metallurgical discipline.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience at (producing) mill.
- Application Engineering preferred. Technical and/or Technical Sales focused.
- Strong knowledge of metal applications and attributes.
- Ability to leverage expertise to provide value to customers.
- Aptitude to build strategic growth plans based on market and customer insights.
- Presentation and Teaching skills.
- 2-4 direct reports.
- Support Strategic Sales in region – work with all people at all levels.
- Achieve aggressive growth targets in product.
Equal Opportunity Employer