- Department Production
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Columbia, TN, USA
Samuel Son & Co., is Growing! ARE YOU LOOKING for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, Industry leading organization that has been in business for over 160 years!
Bring your strong experience and motivated attitude to Samuel Son & Co.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, please apply with your resume below.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Opportunity for advancement and career growth
The Blanking Press Operator will operate mechanical and/or hydraulic presses to produce metal blanks as specified by the Customer and as detailed on the in-process check-sheet. The Operator is responsible for ensuring each member of the crew is performing their assigned tasks in accordance to the appropriate Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Monitors machine operation ensuring blanks feed properly and machine operates safely.
- Maintains production board and completes all other related paperwork in accurate and neat manner.
- Arranges for material to be delivered to the line as required
- Confirms correct material is loaded onto the press line un-coiler.
- Follows set-up steps as described in production set-up information and QDC procedures.
- Performs First-off and Last-off conformance checks ensuring parts meet customer specifications.
- Performs Quality checks as per in process check sheets.
- Responsible for the safe & efficient operation of press line and all personnel.
- Ensures packaging meets customer specifications.
- Ensures proper tagging of finished parts and transfer to finished goods area.
- Leads team ensuring changeovers are done in an efficient manner with minimal downtime.
- Affixes Green OK to Ship tags once material has met all customer specifications, as required.
- Provides support to the continuous improvement efforts of the company, in order to improve performance of assigned jobs and remain competitive in the market place.
- Proven competent to operate a forklift and crane as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- 3 years of experience as a metal press operator in automotive blanking
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer