- Department: Supply Chain
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Contract
- Location: College Station, TX, USA
From underground, to on the road, to up in space, SAMUEL is everywhere.
If you are seeking a rewarding career where the opportunities are endless, join the Samuel team.
Who We Are
Samuel is a leading metals and industrial products manufacturer, processor and distributor, with more than 160 years of industry experience. We provide an unmatched breadth of services to our customers – from sourcing globally and optimizing their supply chain, to printing finished parts – so that they can achieve a competitive advantage.
Our customers’ products are everywhere, and so is Samuel. That’s the great thing about a career here – you have the opportunity to grow and make a difference anywhere you want.
- ONGOING CAREER PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES We’re working on a lot of great projects and we love promoting rising stars.
- DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES From on-site training to Individual Development Plans created with your manager, we want to help you make the most of your career and achieve your full potential.
- NOT JUST A NUMBER We believe in building relationships with every member of the Samuel team so that we can help you find opportunities that are right for you.
- WORK/LIFE BALANCE You’re an honorary member of the Samuel family, but we make sure you have time to see your real family too!
- GIVING BACK Whether we’re supporting local charities or the global effort to create a greener tomorrow, the Samuel name is synonymous with making a better future for our communities.
Industrial Distribution Internships
As part of our Service Center team, you will apply your education and passion to improving our inventory utilization, logistics, and operations.
In our Internships, you will focus on data collection and analysis and will identify opportunities for improvement. You will analyze the current state of our branches and make recommendations for positive changes to impact our business.
PROGRAM QUICK FACTS:
- Positions will be located at our Irving TX, Arcadia CA and Alpharetta GA Service Centers
- Term: 10 weeks during the Summer of 2020
- Benefits: Competitive Salary and an opportunity to gain hands-on knowledge of Distribution, Supply Chain, and Operations in a company that’s integrated across North America.
- Rotation: We offer interns an opportunity to work closely with a variety of functions in the Service Center to ensure they learn all the key roles, processes and procedures before beginning on their assigned project.
- Opportunity: Upon graduation, you could be invited to join the Samuel family by interviewing for career opportunities at any of our locations across the US.
- Work closely with our Branch Buyers, Inventory Planners, Production Schedulers, Sales Teams, and Branch Managers to improve our processes.
- Identify methods to improve material usage, logistics management, and decrease costs for our branches without having a negative effect on sales or customer commitments.
- Through study of our current methods, gain a general understanding of our processing capabilities along with our customer’s expectations.
- Provide significant positive impact on Branch ROI by identifying cost savings and process improvements that will improve the company’s performance.
- Ensure that processes meet or exceed internal and external customer satisfaction needs.
- Simultaneously manage multiple responsibilities while effectively collaborating with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
- Recommend process improvements through presentations to our management teams.
- Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Distribution with a graduation date between December 2020 and June 2022
- 3.5 overall GPA
- Completed course work in Industrial Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
- Knowledge of Distribution Logistics and Statistical Methods
- Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Office.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with minimal oversight.
- Have completed a related project that demonstrates the ability to execute from scratch and provide deliverable insights and recommendations based on research.
Equal Opportunity Employer - E-Verify Employer