- Department Administration
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Lancaster, NY, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Lancaster, NY. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Administrative Assistant will work effectively with the sales staff, as well as other departments to manage all aspects of the operation for maximum efficiency and return on investment in a safe environment.
- Responsible for the effective & efficient operations of receiving, filing, as well as inventory monitoring and Material Test Reports.
- Purchase order entry and amendment, and vendor communications in support of all Service Center products.
- Assistance with our Out-for-Processing operation, ensuring a smooth flow from the sales requirements, production at the processing facility, shipment to a secondary processing vendor and, ultimately, shipment to the customer.
- Capable of answering business calls and directing to appropriate Service Center Employee.
- Capable of performing all front office duties as directed, including:
- Fedex/UPS shipments
- System-based check deposits.
- Imaging of documents
- Morning Sales reports
- Interacts directly with Service Center Vendors, and Employees as required.
- Provides periodic reports of progress of assigned projects to the Purchasing Supervisor
- Insure a safe and clean work environment is maintained at all times.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement for all duties.
- Wear appropriate attire for work area assigned.
- Participate in all required training activities.
- Participate in and answer questions related to administrative activities during Internal and External audits.
- Cross-train with the team, to ensure department is fully functional at all times.
- 2-year degree preferred or, 2 or more years of experience in Customer Service, and/or Purchasing. Purchasing or related experience is a plus.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- Skill set must include the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changes as well as handle the pressures of time constraints – while always maintaining a high level of attention to detail. Must have strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient using personal computer, and MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer