- Department: Administration
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Lancaster, NY, USA
If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co. Our Lancaster, NY facility is looking for an Accounting Assistant with GL and account reconciliation experience to support our Finance team. Inter-company experience is a definite plus. We offer a stable, team-oriented environment with competitive benefits and the potential for growth.
The Accounting Assistant will support the US Service Center Finance Team by keeping financial records, preparing reports, and updating financial information.
- Vendor setup
- Master data maintenance
- Balance sheet account reconciliations (including intercompany reconciliations)
- Record basic intercompany entries
- Customer credit card payment reconciliations
- Headcount & Safety statistics maintenance
- Inventory factor updates & accrual maintenance
- Monitor a system of controls, procedures and forms for the recording of fixed assets
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary level account in general ledger
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Track building, vehicle and machinery leases
- Prepare new lease entry forms and update existing records
- Meet accounting deadlines for accurate financial reporting
- Investigate branch inquiries and provide appropriate feedback and corrective action
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Accounting and a minimum of two years experience in an accounting role
- Aptitude for detail and accuracy
- High degree of fluency with Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Experience with ERP systems required. AS400 is a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of accounting principles
- A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills to provide good customer service
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer