- Department: Production
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Houston, TX, USA
The Truck Loader/Forklift Operator will plan, sequence and layout loads with reference to the pick list loading instructions and in accordance with restrictions on weight distribution.
• Print material packing list for driver, load trucks, match proof of delivery paperwork to each driver’s loading manifest, and perform inspections.
• Ensures all orders scheduled for delivery are properly scheduled and loaded safely on all 9 trucks and all 3rd party carriers’ trucks nightly
• Must ensure that all materials are scanned to the truck and manifest all trucks.
• Ensures all drops on each truck are in the correct sequence.
• Coordinate loading of staged items according to the shipping document instructions for delivery to customers or vendors
• Verify that all products meet the basic cosmetic (visual) requirements of the customer
• Verify instructions on paperwork to meet customer loading and shipping requirements.
• Follow all safety policies. Must wear PPE and follow procedures consistently. Maintain a clean and organized work area to reduce risk of injury or material damage.
• Input paperwork into the system and print Bill of Ladings for the drivers.
• Use Computer Program for Warehouse and Sales Menu
• Transporting tractor trailer trucks inside building and outside.
• Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
• Work safely and identify unsafe conditions
• Proficient in loading trucks (5+Years’ Experience)
• Must have experience operating standard transmission vehicles.
• Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
• Work in a team setting and with a sense of urgency to meet customer requirements
• Follow procedures to minimize inventory and quality errors
• Operate Fork Lift / Side Loader / Crane – Must pass evaluation before working independently
• Moving inventory into and out of rack locations
• Use RF Scan Unit to locate material in AS400 system
• Ability to frequently bend, stoop, and lift up to 50 lbs. (22.7kg)
• Ability to walk/stand for up to 10 hours per shift. Ability to sit and climb in and out of Fork Trucks and Side Loaders
Equal Opportunity Employer