The Senior Treasury Analyst reports to the Assistant Treasurer and is part of the Corporate Finance Office. The position is complex and in many cases directly responsible for a number of hedging, insurance, bank services, cash management and reporting issues and assists the Assistant Treasurer.
Maintaining strong relationships with the bank service providers and insurance broker is a critical part of the role. The role requires the Senior Treasury Analyst to work closely with the business units and other Corporate departments i.e. Accounting and Taxation.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the banks and management i.e. Quarterly Syndicate Covenant Report.
• Assist in the gathering of KYC information.
• Manage the monitoring of the credit agreement “baskets”.
• Manage daily cash function including the administration and execution of the short term borrowings decisions.
• Respond to all complex issues involving cash management services and transactions.
• Manage bank transactions, including wires, letters of credit and tax payments.
• Manage bank account signatories.
• Manage employee access to online bank services.
• Manage listing of bank users and approvers.
• Manage listing of existing bank accounts.
• Analysis of various bank charges.
• Act as liaison between business units and cash management providers on a daily basis.
• Collect and summarize the required data from the business units required during the annual insurance renewal.
• Allocate insurance premiums, claims and expenses to business units.
• Maintain listing of outstanding and settled insurance claims.
• Communicate out changes to claim reserves to business units.
• Validate insurance invoices and manage payment.
• Assist the Assistant Treasurer with insurance inquiries from the business units.
• Assist in requests for certificates of insurance.
Foreign Exchange & Hedging:
• FX rate updates:
• Manage the change and update of the daily USD/CAD exchange rate.
• Manage the change and update of the daily MXN/USD exchange rate.
• Manage the issuance of the month-end rates.
• Manage the daily FX hedge position and execute the FX trade to be negotiated.
• Manage the maintenance of the database of all foreign exchange contracts.
• Manage the maintenance of the database of daily hedge documents.
• Manage the closing of FX commitments.
• Review month end journal entries for all loans, foreign exchange and bank transactions.
• Review monthly bank account and loan reconciliations.
• Manage preparation of year-end audit schedules i.e. bank confirmations.
• Manage the preparation of Intercompany loan schedules and calculation of interest payments.
• Assist in requests for credit requests.
• Assist other departments i.e. Taxation with Treasury related inquiries i.e. CRA audit.
• Assist the Vice President & Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer with other treasury related issues.
• College Diploma or University degree, with an emphasis in Finance.
• At least five years post graduate experience, with two years of treasury experience.
• Preference will be given to individuals with a CPA or CTP designation or working towards one or both.
• Advanced spreadsheet analysis using MS office applications.
• Analytical, thorough with an attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication.
• Team player.
• Can work independently and capable of organizing work to meet time commitments.
• Proven ability to work well with others. Demonstrates enthusiasm, confidence, dependability and a positive attitude.